Friday, October 06, 2006

Welcome to my new blog !

Finally my dream came true ! On September 26 2006 I bought a TVR Grantura Mk2A project. The plan is to build the car as a FIA racer. The car is complete (well almost anyway) but is in need of a complete rebuild. The chassis and the glass fiber body is in very good shape and hopefully only needs paint. The body actually is in such a good shape that it was recently used to make a mold for a lightweight car in the UK. This is what the car looked like when I bought it:



I'll write more about the specifications for the car later. In short it has steel tubular chassis and glass fiber body. My car has its original 1622ccm engine, but Grantura MkII is only homologated with a 1588ccm engine so I'll build or buy a race prepared 1588cm engine. It's homologated to 650kg so it should be quite competitive when I get it ready for historic racing in a couple of years.

1 Comments:

At 4:18 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

http://tvrgranturarestoration.blogspot.dk/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home